Wednesday, May 29

A Mostly Blurry Pictures Betty Update


Even though the weather and an illness have kept me from getting out to see Betty as much as I'd like we are still making wonderful progress. We are doing so well, in fact, I've scheduled of Ferrier appointment for this Thursday.


Yesterday, it was really rainy so I decided to skip our normal work session in favor of a spa day. Since mostly spa day included standing around, I decided it was a good day to introduce tying.



After we conquered the obstacle of standing on the scary mats, Betty totally relaxed and went about doing her favorite thing... looking for something to eat.



Including coming all the way into the tack room with me. Her cookie search was not rewarded until she was back outside where a pony belongs!



Now that she was comfortable, it was time to tie her up.



While she nibbled from the planter, I trimmed her mane and tail, brushed them out, and used scissors to give her a bridle path.



Spa day was also a way to get her relaxed in the area where she will get her feet trimmed tomorrow.



So, we worked on holding her front feet between my knees like the farrier will. She did great and let me hold them for quite a while. She would occasionally struggle but quickly relaxed. Her balance has improved, and I think that makes it easier for her to relax.


Can't wait to get these bad boys fixed up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment